"A person who does not read has no advantage over the person who cannot read."
- Mark Twain
In a world filled with 'weapons of mass distraction' like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, don't neglect digging into a good book.
Here are a few that I have found to be especially helpful.
• The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
• Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
• How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
• The Art of Explanation by Lee Lefever
• Communicate to Influence by Ben and Kelly Decker
• Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds
• The Truth About Employee Engagement by Patrick Lencion
• Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey
• The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
We live in a knowledge-based society. In many cases, we are paid for what we know. If you are not increasing your knowledge and improving your skills, there is someone else who is.
Remember, when you're through learning, you're through.